This is a light basil and parsley pesto using your choice of nuts.
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 4-6 Tbsp Basil (Finely Chopped)
- 4 Tbsp Parsley (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Nuts, Traditionally Walnuts are used but you can use Pine Nuts or Flaked Almonds instead.
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 cup of Bridgeward Grove Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Mission, Barnea/Kalamata or Kalamata)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Use either mortar and pestle or blender to combine ingredients.
- This quantity makes enough for 750g.
- Can make larger amounts & store in fridge in sealed container with layer of olive oil on top (to stop drying out).
- Use for pasta, gnocchi, add a teaspoon to soups or oven baked potatoes also enjoy with Mezzi Platters or on it’s own. YUM!
- (If it seems to have dried out add more BWG olive oil to mixture)